The Lead Student Worker is responsible for the supervision, training, and management of the food operation. Ensures that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served.
• Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
• Direct daily activities.
• Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
• Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
• Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner following department policies and procedures.
• Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
• Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis
• May prepare orders as needed to ensure accurate production for location.
• Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
• Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
• Train/mentor other food service workers.
• Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the department.
• Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
• Recommend replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
• Proficiency in multi-tasking.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director or Manager whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be vital to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
• Must fill in for absent employees at location, as necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of daily catering events and confirm they are prepared and delivered on time.
• Attend food service meetings with staff.
• Maintain communication with staff (including office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
• May perform cashier duties as the need arises.
• Promote good public relations.
• Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
• Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic
• Maintain emotional control under stress
• Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost-effective program.
• Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be a student at the Aramark location.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at ~~~ or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.